Join us on Sunday, May 21, 2017 from 1-3pm to celebrate the rededication of Fire Station 2300 after recent renovation and seismic upgrades. Following a short ceremony at 1pm, visitors can tour the station and see the improvements since the original dedication exactly 40 years ago on May 21, 1977.
Among the changes to Station 2300:
• Meets the latest seismic standards
• Larger bays to accommodate modern firefighting equipment
• Individual sleeping quarters with room for future expansion
• Full bathrooms with walk-in showers
• Updated kitchen and laundry facilities
• Updated exercise room
• Training, office, and meeting space
The remodel and seismic upgrade were made possible by citizens of our fire district, a generous grant from the Oregon Seismic Rehabilitation Grant Program, and financing through USDA.
After you look around the Depoe Bay fire station, bring the family to our Gleneden Beach station where Pacific West Ambulance will celebrate EMS week with a barbecue (burgers, hot dogs, sides), games, a Dalmatian bouncy house, competitions, prizes, giveaways, a face painter, and more. The Pacific West Ambulance barbecue will be from noon to 4pm at our station at 6445 Gleneden Beach Loop, Gleneden Beach.